~ PREMIUM BEESWAX POLISH ~
"We have used our 25+ years of experience as antique furniture restorers to develop a beeswax furniture polish that you don't necessarily have to apply again for at least a year and possibly up to three years."
10 reasons why we believe Gilboy's Gold is the best beeswax furniture polish:
1. Made in the UK by traditional furniture restorersWe started making our own beeswax furniture polish many years ago to compliment our furniture conservation and restoration work. Every jar of Gilboy's Gold is handmade by us here at our restoration workshops in Staverton, Devon.
2. 100% natural ingredientsWe don't use any artificial scents or petrochemical solvents. Cheaper petrochemical-derived solvents have an unpleasant odour, so manufacturers add artificial scents to their products. Pure turpentine has a wonderful pine aroma, so we don't need to add anything artificial to Gilboy's Gold.
3. Buckfast Abbey beeswaxBees have been kept at Buckfast Abbey since medieval times, so of course they've been working with furniture restorers for centuries. We worked with the beekeeping department to select the perfect beeswax for each of our polishes.
4. Just the right blend of carnauba waxThe hardest of all the natural waxes, our very precise blend of just the right amount of carnauba wax means Gilboy's Gold provides a tough finish and a deep shine while still being very easy to apply and buff.
5. Increased UV protection with myrica wax
Morella pubescens is a small shrub that grows at high altitudes in the Andes. It covers its small, greyish berries with a wax that protects them against the increased UV exposure at high altitude. We add this wax to our polishes to help reduce sun-bleaching of your furniture. [read more]
6. We only use natural pure pine turpentineAs strong believers in the traditional methods of furniture restoration, we also use the traditional method of softening our waxes with pure pine turpentine.
7. Clip-top kiln jar with air-tight seal
As restorers and french polishers we use various containers throughout the day, every day. This made us pretty choosy when it came to selecting the best container for our own beeswax furniture polish. We chose a clip-top jar because it always provides a reliable seal. We also upgraded the standard seal with our own hand-cut Viton non-perishable rubber seal.
8. 25% Return & Refill discount
Some of us in the company are old enough to have fond memories of returning our empty Coca-Cola bottles to the shop for a cash refund. Glass is simply the best container for recycling - easy to clean and wears far better than tins or plastic. That is why we are offering a massive 25% discount when you send your empties back to us for a refill.
9. Reusable Suspension PackagingWe spent some time looking for the right packaging that would meet two very important requirements. We wanted to ensure your beeswax furniture polish would be held secure in transit and arrive in perfect condition. And we wanted it to be reusable to ensure your empties would be returned in perfect condition and cost a few less trees. Macfarlane packaging provided us with the ideal solution in Korrvu Select suspension packaging.
10. Say a big 'Thank you' to the beesWe understand how important bees are to our environment and we're sure you'll be grateful for their amazing wax too. So every time we ship some of our beeswax furniture polish we include a complimentary box of sweet pea seeds for you to plant and grow as a way of saying "Thank you" to the bees.
*The sweet pea is one of the highest producers of nectar in the British garden
Allow us to recommend the best polish
for your wood
Gilboy's pure gold
For Ash, Beech, Maple, Light Oak, Pine and other light wood furniture
Gilboy's rose gold
For Rosewood, Light Mahogany, Cherry, Honey Oak, Light Walnut and other medium coloured woods
"Great product - love that it's made from natural ingredients - gave me piece of mind. - I've also bought the 'antique' and 'pure gold' versions - all brilliant"
Gilboy's antique gold
For Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, Elm and other darker woods.