Recent Verified Purchase Reviewsfrom 83 reviews
Absolutely great! It has transformed my oak coffer and it’s so good to know that only top quality natural ingredients are used. Smells lovely too!
I'm a violin player and that means that I need to double check before I put anything on my over-a-thousand dollar instrument. Usually I'd settle for no polish of any kind to my instrument but in this case, the violin was in need of a yearly touch up. The polish itself was hands-down the best smelling polish I've ever smelled. once applied, it does not leave an oily or waxy feel/residue which was a big worry for me being a first time buyer from Gilboy's. The polish is a nice yellow beeswax color and can be easily picked up with a cloth or even your fingers from out of the jar. The end results left me stunned! It was like applying a clear coat on the wood! it gleams and shines so nicely. And again, it doesn't leave any nasty residue left over! The customer service from this company is phenomenal and I was surprised to find that the total for my purchase was less than expected seeing as I like in California. If you have any doubts about them I suggest you research their products further and see if its right for you. If you play violin or any other wooden instrument I highly suggest Gilboy's Gold. You can't go wrong. Heres a link: https://beeswax-polish.co.uk/blogs/waxing-lyrical/the-best-polish-for-musical-instrument-care
Ordered wax from Gilboys! Unsure of what to use to apply it! Emailed Gilboys! Received link to soft wire wool within 10 minutes! Ordered it! Job done! Ace customer service and a great product! Thanks boys! x
The Pure Gold wax is amazing, my daughter is moving into her first home very soon and she purchased a "pre-loved" antique pine family dining table and chairs, which when new, was bespoke for the original owner. Although the table had a few dents and scratches I followed the video guide, which was excellent and using the Beeswax repair kit the table has come up a treat and brought life back to the table top! I used a combination of all 3 cubes to great effect and my daughter couldn't tell where I had filled in the dents or remember where they had been! Which was very satisfying, as I've never done anything like this before. Following wax application I left it over night and polished the table up the next day, it looks wonderful. The products are fabulous and the attention to detail with the hand gilded Bee on the scratch repair cubes gives that finishing touch, and shows how passionate you are about your products. The Gilboy Beeswax gives you a real sense of putting a little bit of nature back into the wood. What a thoughtful touch to include the Sweet Pea seeds, I will look forward to seeing them grow later in the summer! I will definately be ordering more supplies as I need them, as I'm on the look out for another project to restore back to it's full glory!
I have collected antique furniture since my childhood as a member of my family was an antiques dealer, and it formed part of my early life. Over the years I have used a number of pure beeswax polishes for maintaining my large collection of furniture. In 2017 I discovered Gilboys polish, and I bought a small amount to test it on a piece of Rosewood furniture that needed to be revived. It immediately left the furniture with a deep natural shine that enhanced the patina of the wood. I have also used Gilboys polish on my large collection of antique bronzes as well, as it also enhances the patina that bronzes develop over time. I have recently purchased a litre tin of the polish which represents very good value for money for such a high quality product.
It is simply the best polish I know, and I have recommended it to my friends many of whom are antiques dealers.
Really worked and rejuvenated what was a dulled finish on an old oak chair.
The packaging and presentation of your Polishing Kit was amazing, so professional and classy. As far as the product is concerned I still have not had a chance to try it out but will be doing so shortly. Thanks for the opportunity to test this.
For over 35 years i have waxed my traditional Ercol and matching stained furniture but have never been able to purchase a top quality natural, beeswax product that is dedicated to the darker furniture. Ercol themselves only made a natural colour beeswax which has been unavailable for years. I intend to keep using this product henceforth and keep my wood furniture in tip top condition.
Product was well wrapped during delivery and the presentation box and its' contents are classy. I am loathe to put it in a cupboard!!
If you have any nice wood furniture then these polishes are a must.
Very good with excellent customer service!
Excellent service and so far a very good product. Easy to apply and not as dark as some of the coloured waxes on the market. Good all round reviver for wood! Would recommend and repurchase.
This is certainly the best wood polish I have ever used. Superb quality, furniture comes up brilliantly. Plus the beeswax in it gives it a wonderful smell. Great customer service too.
I received the polish in its splendid packaging and thought if the polish is as good as the packaging there was great promise. The sweetpeas received immediate attention and I am pleased to report 100% germination, something to look forward to next year. Now the polish. I have a mahogany drop leaf table that I had polished with another antique polish but had found it difficult to use and spread. Your polish was a different story as following you "how to " clip I was able to get a very good result and a great improvement on my previous attempt. I am impressed with the polish and there are other pieces of furniture awaiting treatment.
I could not be happier with your product. It is bringing new life to my restoration projects. My only problem is that my wife keeps stealing it to do touch-up work on the furniture in the house. She calls them "magic in a jar". At least she enjoys using the wax and has not asked me to do it for her!!!!
Thanks a gain for a fantastic product - Pete
The box arrived quickly and was very well packed. It;s so lovely it should be a gift for someone else but I just love using this polish. I have antique furniture and this polish is perfect for it. The very fine steel wool and quality cloths are first class. I will sow the sweet pea seeds as they are my favourite flowers. Well done Gilboys!
"We have used our 25+ years of experience as antique furniture restorers to develop a beeswax furniture polish that you don't necessarily have to apply again for at least a year and possibly up to three years."
10 reasons why we believe Gilboy's Gold is the best beeswax polish for all types of wood:
1. Made in the UK by traditional furniture restorersWe started making our own beeswax furniture polish many years ago to compliment our furniture conservation and restoration work. Every jar of Gilboy's Gold is handmade by us here at our restoration workshops in Staverton, Devon.
2. 100% natural ingredientsWe don't use any artificial scents or petrochemical solvents. Cheaper petrochemical-derived solvents have an unpleasant odour, so manufacturers add artificial scents to their products. Pure turpentine has a wonderful pine aroma, so we don't need to add anything artificial to Gilboy's Gold.
3. Buckfast Abbey beeswaxBees have been kept at Buckfast Abbey since medieval times, so of course they've been working with furniture restorers for centuries. We worked with the beekeeping department to select the perfect beeswax for each of our polishes.
4. Just the right blend of carnauba waxThe hardest of all the natural waxes, our very precise blend of just the right amount of carnauba wax means Gilboy's Gold provides a tough finish and a deep shine while still being very easy to apply and buff.
5. Increased UV protection with myrica waxMorella pubescens is a small shrub that grows at high altitudes in the Andes. It covers its small, greyish berries with a wax that protects them against the increased UV exposure at high altitude. We add this wax to our polishes to help reduce sun-bleaching of your furniture. [read more]
6. We only use natural pure pine turpentineAs strong believers in the traditional methods of furniture restoration, we also use the traditional method of softening our waxes with pure pine turpentine.
7. Clip-top kiln jar with air-tight seal
As restorers and french polishers we use various containers throughout the day, every day. This made us pretty choosy when it came to selecting the best container for our own beeswax furniture polish. We chose a clip-top jar because it always provides a reliable seal. We also upgraded the standard seal with our own hand-cut Viton non-perishable rubber seal.
8. 25% Return & Refill discount
Some of us in the company are old enough to have fond memories of returning our empty Coca-Cola bottles to the shop for a cash refund. Glass is simply the best container for recycling - easy to clean and wears far better than tins or plastic. That is why we are offering a massive 25% discount when you send your empties back to us for a refill.
9. 100% Recyclable PackagingWe spent some time looking for the right packaging that would meet two very important requirements. We wanted to ensure your beeswax furniture polish would be held secure in transit and arrive in perfect condition. And we wanted it to be reusable to ensure your empties would be returned in perfect condition and cost a few less trees.
10. Say a big 'Thank you' to the beesWe understand how important bees are to our environment and we're sure you'll be grateful for their amazing wax too. So every time we ship some of our beeswax furniture polish we include a complimentary box of sweet pea seeds for you to plant and grow as a way of saying "Thank you" to the bees.
*The sweet pea is one of the highest producers of nectar in the British garden
Allow us to recommend the best polish
for your wood