Gilboy's rose gold
Medium Coloured Beeswax Furniture Polish
A vintage mahogany coloured beeswax furniture polish made from triple filtered golden beeswax collected by us direct from the monks at Buckfast Abbey in South Devon.
Rose Gold protects and enhances the finish on all the medium coloured woods such as Rosewood - Light Mahogany - Cherry - Honey Oak and Light Walnut. It is very easy to apply and a little goes a very long way.
- Made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes to bring out the shine and protect fine antique furniture
- 100% natural ingredients
- Local Dartmoor beeswax
- The finest carnauba wax
- Pure pine turpentine
- No white spirit or petrochemical solvents
- Air-tight kiln jar with leather seal
- Unparalleled product protection in transit with suspension packaging that suspends your beeswax polish in the airspace of the shipping container between two layers of highly resilient low-slip film.
"Great product - love that it's made from natural ingredients - gave me piece of mind. - I've also bought the 'antique' and 'pure gold' versions - all brilliant"
Return & Refill ~ 25% discount
'Thank you' to the bees
Every jar of Gilboy's Gold beeswax furniture polish is accompanied with a small box of sweet-pea seeds for you to plant and grow to provide more nectar for the amazing honey bees.
How to apply beeswax polish in 3 easy steps:
- Use a soft cloth or very fine ‘0000’ wire wool - (it’s like cotton wool to the touch)
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain, being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Having allowed a few hours or overnight for the pure pine turpentine to slowly evaporate and the polish to harden, use a soft cloth to buff the wax to a deep and lustrous shine.
Rose Gold is a natural polish that has been developed by Gilboy’s craftsmen to enhance the natural colour of the wood. It has a gentle brown colour in it that lightly refreshes the surface it does not add excessive colour to your antique and vintage furniture.
Restoration Wax - Rose Gold beeswax will help disguise and blend any slight scratches and marks that have built up over time. It also suitable for use on darker carved furniture where you don’t want to make it appear any darker but want to ensure the wax polish is not seen in the relief areas.
We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - Gilboy's Gold beeswax will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the beeswax more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts of polish, then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the wax evenly.
*Gilboy’s Secret Trade Tip:
For carved relief areas such as an antique coffer, you can also apply beeswax furniture polish with a standard shoe polish brush. It makes applying the beeswax much easier and allows the polish to get right into those dusty and hard to reach areas. Buff it the next day with the soft shoe brush.