Complete Beeswax Furniture Polishing Kit
FREE SHIPPING IN UK
BRINGS OLD FURNITURE BACK TO LIFE
PRESERVES THE FINISH OF ANTIQUE WOOD
REVIVES AND PROTECTS FADED AND SUN-DAMAGED FURNITURE*
This beeswax polishing kit contains everything you need to polish and protect all types of wood furniture:
- Gilboy's pure gold, for use on light coloured woods such as Ash, Beech, Maple, Light Oak and Pine
- Gilboy's rose gold, for use on rose coloured woods such as Rosewood, Light Mahogany, Cherry and Honey Oak
- Gilboy's antique gold, for use on dark coloured woods such as Antique Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, and Elm
- 1.2 metres of our 'antique restorers' recommended oil-free wire wool
- 2 large lengths of our antique restorers' recommended polishing cloth
- Our 'gilded bee' pure Dartmoor beeswax filler kit for dents and deep scratch repair
- A complimentary box of sweet-pea seeds for you to grow as a 'thank you' to the bees
Our beeswax furniture polish is made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes to bring out the shine and protect your furniture:
- 100% natural ingredients
- The best local Dartmoor beeswax
- The finest carnauba wax
- Myrica wax from the Andes (read more)
- Pure pine turpentine
- No white spirit or petrochemical solvents
- Pure gold has no staining agents
- Clip-top Le ParfaitTM jar with air-tight seal
- Recyclable packaging made from recycled cardboard
- Return & Refill: Hold on to our special reusable packaging and use it again to return your empty jar for a 25% discounted refill
We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.
HOW TO POLISH WITH BEESWAX
- Use a soft cloth or very fine 0000 wire wool
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain, being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Allow the pure pine turpentine to completely evaporate and the wax to harden
- Use a soft buffing cloth to buff the wax to a deep and lustrous shine
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - beeswax polish will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the beeswax more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts of polish then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the wax evenly.
*SECRET TRADE TIP:
For carved relief areas such as an antique coffer, you can also apply beeswax furniture polish with a standard shoe polish brush. It makes applying the beeswax much easier and allows the polish to get right into those dusty and hard to reach areas. Buff it the next day with the soft shoe brush.
HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULTS FROM YOUR BEESWAX POLISH
*SUN-BLEACHING RESTORATION NOTE
The restoration of sun-bleached areas can be achieved with our Rose Gold or Antique Gold polishes when it is applied to a surface where the protective finish is dry or in a deteriorated state. Where the finish is in good order and sealing the surface, the dyes in our polishes will be prevented from being absorbed by the sun bleached area and it will have no effect. We would therefore recommend taking your furniture to a professional restorer who will remove the finish, revive the colour of the wood and then restore the finish once more. You might recommend our professional range of 1L tins of beeswax polishes while you're there!
Purchased the twin-pack polishing kit recently, lovely packaging with a personalised note and instructions, great products, both the beeswax polish and beeswax blocks have been used successfully with the wire-wool and polishing cloths, producing fabulous results. Now looking for new projects to use them again!
Excellent quality polish with clear instructions on how to use. Beautifully packaged and efficient delivery. Very pleased with the purchase.
Excellent products from a small team of well-trained experts based in Devon. This British company seems to have an excellent ethos with attention to detail, quality and the environment. Our first order, the Beeswax Polishing Starter Kit, arrived in environmentally-friendly packaging, beautifully presented with care, a handwritten card, some bee-friendly flower seeds and expert tips. The attention to detail and the care taken shows the class and quality of Gilboy's. We've tried the antique gold polish on some oak furniture and the shine is the best ever. We will be buying from Gilboy's from now on, and can't praise them highly enough. Strongly believe small, British companies like this should be supported. First-class.