Professional Beeswax Wood Polish (1 litre)
FREE SHIPPING IN UK
REVIVES AND PROTECTS ALL TYPES OF WOOD FINISHES
BRINGS OLD FURNITURE BACK TO LIFE
PRESERVES THE FINISH OF ANTIQUE WOOD
Simply the best beeswax polish for any type of wood.
- Made from the highest quality natural waxes to bring out the shine and protect your furniture
- 100% natural ingredients
- The best triple-filtered beeswax, organically-farmed and humanely-harvested by the world-renowned beekeepers at Buckfast Abbey
- Natural T1-grade carnauba wax
- Natural myrica, Japan and berry waxes
- Pure pine gum spirits of turpentine
- No white spirit, No toluene, No aggressive petrochemical solvents and definitely No silicone!
- Utra-soft '0000' grade wire wool for the best application
- 100% cotton open-weave polishing cloth for easier buffing without streaks
- Say 'Thank You' to the bees by growing our complimentary sweet pea seeds
Our beeswax furniture polish provides the best protection for the finish of all woods. It is very easy to apply and a little polish goes a very long way because turpentine holds much more wax in suspension by volume than any petrochemical solvent.
We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.
Pure Gold is a clear beeswax polish ideal for use on Ash, Beech, Maple, Light Oak and Pine.
Rose Gold is a medium shade beeswax polish specially formulated for use on Rosewood, Light Mahogany, Cherry, and Honey Oak furniture or similar coloured woods.
Antique Gold is a dark beeswax polish designed for use on dark and antique woods such as Antique Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, Elm or similar dark coloured woods.
HOW TO POLISH WITH BEESWAX
- Use a soft cloth or very fine 0000 wire wool
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain, being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Allow the pure pine turpentine to completely evaporate and the wax to harden
- Use a soft buffing cloth to buff the wax to a deep and lustrous shine
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - beeswax polish will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the beeswax more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts of polish, then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the wax evenly.
*SECRET TRADE TIP:
For carved relief areas such as an antique coffer, you can also apply beeswax furniture polish with a cheap 1 inch trimmed paint brush. It makes applying the beeswax much easier and allows the polish to get right into those dusty and hard to reach areas. Buff it 20 to 30 minutes later with the soft shoe brush and buffing cloth.
HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULTS FROM YOUR BEESWAX POLISH
Professional Beeswax Wood Polish (1 litre)
I have been using this polish for about 18 months. I still can’t get over how every product comes beautifully packaged. It feels very special. Of course it works brilliantly and the smell makes it lovely to use. Thank you
This is the third time I have purchased Gilboys polish and I would recommend it to any who wants a high quantity polish. Easy ordering and quick delivery.
A really excellent wax, it does what it says and brings out the full beauty of the wood
Loved this stuff I bought it twice. This time went for the 1 litre tin. I have inherited several pieces of vintage Ercol furniture all in dark wood. I bought the polishing kit initially to see what difference Gilboys makes. Was so impressed with the first piece I treated I decided to do them all. My polishing arm is going to get a lot of excersise! Service from the guys at Gilboys was first rate. Particularly liked the personal note and sweet pea seeds included in the package.
Excellent results so far on the veneered marine ply in my boat - but need to be careful with not doing too much at once - confined space - turpentine fumes and all that.....
I'm now on my second purchase of Pure Gold after purchasing some to finish an antique oak table and chairs I was restoring. The table and chairs were very rustic pieces and I was hoping Gilboys would provide a natural looking, buttery finish more suited to their character than the high gloss look of varnish. After a lot of polishing and buffing I ended up with exactly the look I was hoping for. I really think this product is amazing. I also have to give a shout-out to Gilboys staff who gave me a ton of helpful advice pre-purchase. They shipped very promptly and sent everything well packaged for the trip to Canada.