Gilboy's pure gold
Premium Beeswax Furniture Polish
Gilboy's Pure Gold beeswax furniture polish has been specifically formulated for light wood furniture such as Ash, Beech, Maple, Light Oak, Pine and other light coloured woods.
- Made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes to bring out the shine and protect fine antique furniture
- 100% natural ingredients
- Local Dartmoor beeswax
- The finest carnauba wax
- Pure pine turpentine
- No white spirit or petrochemical solvents
- No staining agents
- Air-tight kiln jar with leather seal
- Unparalleled product protection in transit with suspension packaging that suspends your beeswax polish in the airspace of the shipping container between two layers of highly resilient low-slip film.
Pure Gold beeswax furniture polish protects the finish of all woods. It's a natural clear beeswax polish that does not add colour to your antique and vintage furniture.
"Great Polish. Wonderfully packaged, went on very easily, hardest part was waiting the recommended time before buffing. Not too hard work to buff to a great finish. Wearing very well so far (5 weeks) on a well used coffee table. Overall very happy"
(JK, Amazon reviewer 18-3-17)
Return & Refill ~ 25% discount
Hold on to our special reusable packaging and use it again to return your empty jar for a 25% discounted refill.
'Thank You' to the bees
Every jar of Gilboy's Gold is accompanied with a box of sweet-pea seeds for you to plant and grow to provide more nectar for the amazing honey bees.
How to apply our beeswax polish in 3 easy steps:
- Use a soft cloth or very fine ‘0000’ wire wool - (it’s like cotton wool to the touch)
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Having allowed a few hours or overnight for the pure pine turpentine to slowly evaporate and the beeswax to harden, use a soft cloth to buff the polish to a deep and lustrous shine.
We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - beeswax polish will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the beeswax more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts of polish then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the wax evenly.