Gilboy's antique gold
Dark Coloured Beeswax Furniture Polish
The perfect beeswax furniture polish for all but the lightest coloured of antique and vintage furniture. Ideal for use on Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, Elm and other darker coloured woods.
Antique Gold is made from triple filtered golden beeswax sourced direct from the monks at Buckfast Abbey in South Devon.
- Made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes to bring out the shine and protect fine antique furniture
- 100% natural ingredients
- Local Dartmoor beeswax
- The finest carnauba wax
- Pure pine turpentine
- No white spirit or petrochemical solvents
- Air-tight kiln jar with leather seal
- Unparalleled product protection in transit with suspension packaging that suspends your beeswax polish in the airspace of the shipping container between two layers of highly resilient low-slip film.
Beeswax furniture polish protects the finish of all woods. It is very easy to apply and a little beeswax polish goes a very long way.
Gilboy's Antique Gold polish outshines all the rest.
"I have used traditional Beeswax on my antique furniture for over forty years, but Gilboy's antique Gold Polish is outstanding, and out performs all the rest. Not only does the polish impart a deep lustrous shine to the wood, but it totally enhances the natural patina of the furniture, and it has a very pleasant perfume. The packaging is excellent, and the team who make it go out of their way to personalise every order. I am now converted to using this high standard and high class product."
(Grenville Johnson, Amazon reviewer 19-2-17)
Return & Refill ~ 25% discount
A 'Thank you' to the bees
Every jar of Gilboy's Gold beeswax polish is accompanied with a small box of sweet-pea seeds for you to plant and grow to provide more nectar for the amazing honey bees.
How to apply Gilboy’s Gold beeswax polish in 3 easy steps:
- Use a soft cloth or very fine ‘0000’ wire wool - (it’s like cotton wool to the touch)
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once the polish has been applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Allow a few hours or overnight for the pure pine turpentine to slowly evaporate and the wax to harden, then use a soft cloth to buff the wax to a deep and lustrous shine.
Antique Gold was developed in our workshops as a finishing wax polish for the majority of the furniture we restore. It has just the right amount of colour in it to add depth to a newly restored antique. It provides that lovely antique lustre we all love.
Antique Gold like Rose Gold can be used as a restoration wax and polish. It will help to disguise small light scratches as well as revive a tired antique.
We have developed our beeswax furniture polish to such a fine blend that you don't necessarily have to polish again for at least a year and possibly up to three years.
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - Gilboy's Gold will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the polish more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the beeswax evenly.