Polishing with Beeswax Starter Kit
FREE SHIPPING IN UK
Everything you need to start polishing your furniture like a professional with the best beeswax polish:
- 'pure gold' for use on light coloured woods such as Ash, Beech, Maple, Light Oak and Pine
- 'rose gold' for use on rose coloured woods such as Rosewood, Light Mahogany, Cherry and Honey Oak
- 'antique gold' for use on dark coloured woods such as Antique Oak, Mahogany, Walnut, and Elm
- Our antique restorers' recommended ultra-soft '0000'-grade oil-free wire wool that cleans the surface as it applies the wax polish
- Our antique restorers' recommended open-weave 100% cotton polishing cloth for easier buffing without streaks
- A complimentary box of sweet pea seeds for you to plant and grow as a special 'Thank You' to the hard-working bees
Perfect if you have one prize piece of wooden furniture or have two or three pieces of different types of wood. We have ensured there is enough in each tin to cover a single piece of furniture (depending on the absorption rate of the wood) such as dining table, gate-leg table, bureau, chest of drawers, or four to six dining chairs.
Ideal for anyone who would like to polish a single piece of furniture but may be unsure which shade to buy.
If you would like to try your hand at beeswax polishing using the products professional restorers use, this kit is a great starting point.
Our beeswax furniture polish is made in the UK from the highest quality natural waxes we can source and is specially formulated to bring old furniture back to life:
100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS
- The best triple-filtered beeswax, organically farmed and humanely harvested by the world renowned beekeepers at Buckfast Abbey
- The finest natural T1-grade carnauba wax for longer lasting protection
- The finest natural myrica, Japan and berry waxes we can source
- Blended with nothing but pure pine gum spirits of turpentine in the traditional way
- No white (mineral) spirits, No toluene, No aggressive petrochemical solvents and definitely NO SILICONE
Environmental preservation is very important to us and we make every effort to ensure our products have a minimal impact on the environment:
- We are not driven by a corporate cost-reduction ethos. We select our components based on quality and sustainability rather than the cheapest alternatives
- 100% Plastic-free recyclable packaging
- Recycled cardboard and paper from FSC-approved mixed sources
- Packing tape that is paper & cotton based with a water-based gum adhesive which can be recycled along with the cardboard boxes
- No polypropylene-based tape. We use biodegradable raffia twine.
- No petrochemical solvents, we use only pure pine gum spirits of turpentine
- Our workshop roof is completely covered in solar panels and generates far more electricity than we consume
- Our delivery partner, Royal Mail are committed to reduce their carbon emissions by 20% by 2020 and have already added 100 fully-electric vehicles to their UK fleet
HOW TO GET THE BEST RESULTS FROM YOUR BEESWAX POLISH
HOW TO POLISH WITH BEESWAX
- For best results use our ultra-soft 0000-grade oil-free wire wool to apply the polish
- With gentle pressure spread the polish evenly over the surface in the direction of the grain, being careful not to over apply and avoid any upholstered areas. Once applied the surface area should look matt in appearance
- Allow the pure pine turpentine to completely evaporate and the wax to harden (15-20 minutes in temperate climates)
- Use our open-weave pure cotton buffing cloth to buff the wax with ease and without leaving streaks
Weekly furniture maintenance of removing dust can be done by simply using a slightly damp cloth and drying if needed with a clean dry cloth - beeswax polish will protect the surface for a very long time.
If you have a larger surface like the side of a chest of drawers or the top of a dining table apply the beeswax more evenly by dabbing the surface all over with small amounts of polish, then wipe in the direction of the grain to spread the wax evenly.
*SECRET TRADE TIP:
For carved relief areas such as an antique coffer, you can also apply beeswax furniture polish with a cheap 1 inch trimmed paint brush. It makes applying the beeswax much easier and allows the polish to get right into those dusty and hard to reach areas. Buff it when completely dry with a soft shoe brush and buffing cloth.
Polishing with Beeswax Starter Kit
The Bees wax is amazing it has already made a difference to all my furniture.
The Georgian mahogany pieces are positively glowing. Thank you for the little personalised touches on and inside the box. I will definitely BEE back for more
I bought the Complete Beeswax Furniture Polishing Kit. I was bringing an 1870c oak Windsor chair back to life, after striping off the varnish etc I used your wax, what a transformation.
The package was perfect in every way. I have used
Antique gold on my sun faded chiffioner to good effect. I have several other dull pieces waiting for the luxury treatment. Thank you for your product and help tips.
Not really that impressed with the product reviving sun bleached wooden furniture. I have tried all three tins and although they polish well repairing the sun bleached areas is not a success by any stretch of the imagination. I have tried the product on several different items of furniture, tables, chairs and a Davonport Desk with real success.
The wax and kit is amazing. One tin wasn't enough for my project so I did have to order more. The table I stripped and polished started off with three different areas of wear (making it three different colors!) After stripping and sanding (using the youtube tutorial video) I used the polish and was genuinely surprised that the table not only looked amazing but is now basically one shade! Thanks so much!